how to capture Errordescription into ErrorTable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ysrini9
Participant

how to capture Errordescription into ErrorTable

Post by ysrini9 »

Hi

For rejecting rows purpose we are maintaining Errortable_log

in this table fields like Error_number,Errordescription,someotherfields.

here through linkvariable DBMSCode i am capturing Errornumber Ex:like

ORA-0091 like that but I have to capture error_description along with number like Uniquekey constraint vialation or primary key whatever Error number along with error description with out hardcoding.please give me the help on this.

Regards
y.srini.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

From the same list that you get DBMSCODE (the list of output link variables) choose LASTERR. This contains the error text.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, it doesn't... or at least I haven't seen that returned anywhere from an OCI stage. Give it a shot and let us know. Typically I believe you will find that you have to farm that, post job, from the job logs. :?

Glad to be proven wrong!
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It does from ODBC stage. :wink:

Another possibility would be to execute an oerr command to translate the code into text. Sometimes the text, with both explanation and recommendation, can be a tad long-winded however.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.