Standard Deviation Invalid

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Standard Deviation Invalid

Post by gsherry1 »

Hello,

According to DS documentation the Standard Deviation functionality on the Aggegator should work for all numeric types. I switched my input and output column data type from a integer (working) to decimal(15,2). It is now not working. The warning message received is:

WorkDW00QL_TrendTest..CntrCalcLimits.AggrAvgStdDev: While creating "DSColumnC" object of type ""
While parsing derivation expression for column "FromAggregate.standard_deviation"
Syntax error at line 1, column 8, token "amount"
Invalid argument type

Followed by a fatal message:

WorkDW00QL_TrendTest..CntrCalcLimits.AggrAvgStdDev: |-100|

I have also tried numeric(15,2) but this gave the same error. Both sum and average functions are working on the same input.

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround (other than rounding input to integer), or calculating standard deviation myself in a transform?

Thanks,

Greg
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Off-hand, this part of the message gives me concern:
While creating "DSColumnC" object of type ""
The blank object type makes me think maybe some internal metadata is screwed up. This stage historically had some issues where derivations were lost. Also, the metadata is important.

Just for giggles, did you try redoing the derivation after playing with the metadata?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
PhilipDuPlessis
Participant

Post by PhilipDuPlessis »

Hi there! I am no expert, but suggest that you try "massaging" the data slightly. Try something like fix(trim(yourcolumn),15,2)...