what is merge explain with simple example

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sekharg_dw
Participant

what is merge explain with simple example

Post by sekharg_dw »

what is merge explain with simple example with two table as inputs and one table as o/p.

tnks
s
sekhar g
mumbai
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Sekharg_dw,

you now have 3 threads on DSXChange, the two others are/were:
what is shared containers and how it used in regular job ! plz expalin with simple example
please example routine with simple example
{actually 2 threads, posted simultaneously in both Server and PX forums!}

This forum is not meant to replace training, experimentation and Ascential support. Usually you should try something and if it doesn't work or you have issues then you post here.

Your posts are telling me "Hi DSXchangers. I was too lazy to listen in training and I can't be bothered to read the documentation. I don't really feel like opening up my Designer and trying out anything, so why don't you be some good little idiots and do my work for me. And if your examples don't work I'll complain, but if they do work don't expect thanks. Even though my profile reads that I am ready to help others I prefer it the other way around."

If you had even bothered trying any of your questions out before posting I or someone else here would have spent the time really answering your queries. Now I will wait for you to post some examples of what isn't working for you before responding.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On the other hand, I would be happy to be engaged to read the manuals on your behalf. A word of warning, though, I charge substantially more than the US$38/hour postulated elsewhere.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.