combining two tables in Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dprasanth
Charter Member
Charter Member

combining two tables in Datastage

Post by dprasanth »

Hi,
I am not sure whether this logic can be implemented using DS server job
I have 3 oracle tables(I am using ORACLE OCI stage to represent them).
My output table is called CUSTOMER OUT and the following are my input tables
TABLE 1
TABLE 2

I have a column called CI(foreign key) in TABLE 1.
This is the primary key of the table TABLE2.

What I need to do is combine TABLE 1 and TABLE 2 with CI and get a new column CN from
table2.Can any one of you please let me know how to put this. In oracle it is a simple
join query
select CN.table2 from table1, table2
where CI.Table1=CI.table2. But how do I put this in the transformer. Is there any better
way of doing it in DS? I have just started learning DS, that is the reason I am asking so simple questions

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Dprasanth
vigneshra
Participant

Post by vigneshra »

Hi Prashanth,

This question does not need a separate post as you have ample number of posts in the same forum. Use the search in this forum and get enlightened :)
Vignesh.

"A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking."
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Instead of learning by self-doing, dear Prashanth, you should go into a DataStage Training Course and after the first day you cannot imagine any more having ever asked this question.

Answer:

Select the two tables in the OCI-Stage and write your where condition in the where tab, that is all.

Kind regards
Wolfgang
dprasanth
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by dprasanth »

WoMaWil wrote:Instead of learning by self-doing, dear Prashanth, you should go into a DataStage Training Course and after the first day you cannot imagine any more having ever asked this question.

Answer:

Select the two tables in the OCI-Stage and write your where condition in the where tab, that is all.

Kind regards
Wolfgang
Thanks a lot. My training dates are next month, so rather than sitting and doing nothing, I thought I will do some home work so that when I go for a course I know they are not saying greek or french :-)
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

There is a Tutorium CD with DataStage. You can work it through for getting a clue about DataStage.

Wolfgang