Need advise implementing Sql Query

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinod111
Participant

Need advise implementing Sql Query

Post by vinod111 »

I am to create server job for the query: Select empno from emp where salary >avg(salary).. Please let me know
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

And do what with the result? Write it to another table, a text file, ftp to a mainframe, what? From what database, Oracle, UDB, SQL-Server, using what stage, OCI, ODBC, etc? Do you want user-defined or generated queries?

Your request is one of the first things you do in training. If you haven't had training, might I suggest using the tutorial?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Sql Query

Post by DeepakCorning »

:lol:

Add a drs stage and add the column, table and where condition.
vinod111 wrote:I am to create server job for the query: Select empno from emp where salary >avg(salary).. Please let me know
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

don't specify the condition in the where clause, specify it in the other clauses since you are using avg(salary), use having option.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is actually not possible in a single query. You need two passes through the data. You can do this with a nested query in the WHERE clause.

Code: Select all

column > (select avg(column) from table)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.