ORA 10306 - Illegal parametrer/number error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hemant
Participant

ORA 10306 - Illegal parametrer/number error

Post by hemant »

Hi all,

I'm getting oracle error while running the server job. I have two OCI stages and one is lookup into another.

So far I'm unable to find a solution.

Please let me know if someone faced the same problem and solution for the same.

Regards
Hemant
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

hemant,

I don't think that the error message alone is sufficient to diagnose the problem in this case. If you were to take out the lookup does the error go away? Are you using your own SQL or generated SQL? Does the SQL execute if you try to enter it manually in sqlplus or whatever tool you use?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can't provide specific help without alot more information. :?

I'm assuming there is custom (user defined) sql involved as that is typically the only way to get this error - and it typically involves a mis-match between the number of columns defined in the Columns tab, the number of fields returned by the sql and your usage of parameter markers. Also which columns are marked as Keys can play a role.

Post your sql and as much detail as possible about exactly what you are doing, then perhaps someone can help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

We need to know, did the error happen on the primary input stream OCI stage or the reference stream OCI stage. I'm guessing the reference. If it is the reference, you're probably having an illegal datatype value come thru that doesn't match the datatype of the reference lookup. Just a guess without enough information.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle