Sequencer Activity Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hemant
Participant

Sequencer Activity Stage

Post by hemant »

hi,

In my main sequencer : One of the sequencer activity stage needs the two input conditional links from two different sequencer activity stages : where as its taking one input link but if i give second link to it it give me an error : (40819) The destination stage can not support any more input links .

where as my job needs two input links cause when both the dimensions sequencers are completed then only my fact sequencer should run.

kindly suggest

Hemant Krishnatrey
ucf007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ucf007 »

you need to add a sequencer stage, link the inputs to it then generate an output from it...
hemant
Participant

Post by hemant »

ucf007 wrote:you need to add a sequencer stage, link the inputs to it then generate an output from it...
That i know .....that can be possible when the other activity doesn't have any other input link.But in this case???????Plz. be sure ....
logic
Participant

Post by logic »

hi hemant,
Sequencer?Sequence?other activity? Please describe more clearly.

Code: Select all

when both the dimensions sequencers are completed then only my fact sequencer should run
As ucf007 sugessted just link your 2 job activities for dimension seq's to a sequencer and set mode to all. Output to the job activity for fact sequence. make sure the output trigger is set to Ok for your input activities.Where are you getting the error :?:
hope this helps.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A Sequencer has a big blue arrow as its icon.

The job type in which it occurs is called a Job Sequence (no final "r").

A Sequencer can accept more than one input - that's its entire reason for existing. You appear to be trying to create multiple inputs into some other kind of activity which does not support more than one input.

Can you post your design? Wrap it in code tags, and use Preview until you get it looking comprehensible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ray.wurlod wrote:Can you post your design? Wrap it in code tags, and use Preview until you get it looking comprehensible.
Or do an Exact search on this forum for the term imageshack - you'll find a way to post an actual screen print of your job design.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hemant
Participant

Post by hemant »

ray.wurlod wrote:A Sequencer has a big blue arrow as its icon.

The job type in which it occurs is called a Job Sequence (no final "r").

A Sequencer can accept more than one input - that's its entire reason for existing. You appear to be trying to create multiple inputs into some other kind of activity which does not support more than one input.

Can you post your design? Wrap it in code tags, and use Preview until you get it looking comprehensible.

Ya ! Mr. ray i know that sequencer can have multipe inputs but in a sequencer i am using activity stage and my one activity stage suppose to get two inputs .
This is like this we have three jobs A,B,C where all are activity stages under sequencer job.
My problem is i would like to have two conditional triggers (i.e links )from A and b to C ,which it is not taking.

plz. suggest
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

hemant wrote:My problem is i would like to have two conditional triggers (i.e links )from A and b to C ,which it is not taking.
There's no reason why this would "not take" from the information you've posted. :?

A Job Activity stage cannot have multiple inputs, which is where the Sequencer stage comes in as it can support them.

Do you mean you need two conditional triggers from each job - A and B - that go to C, four links in all? Or is it just one apiece?

If there is one link from A and one link from B and both go to C and both must complete before C starts, this is trivial stuff and already posted: send the links from A and B to a Sequencer object first set to All then link the Sequencer to C. Done.

If you have two links from each job, I have to ask - why? Create a single Custom trigger to handle both conditions and use the technique above as it is cleaner that way. If that's not possible for some odd reason, then more Sequencers come into play. Link the two triggers from job A to a Sequencer set to Any then link the two from job B in the same fashion to another Sequencer. Finally link the two Sequencers to a final Sequencer set to All and then from there link to job C. Three Sequencers in all. Done.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers