Encrypted parameter value displayed in Director log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ucf007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ucf007 »

If you are using 7.1 or 7.0 there are still few bugs related to encrypted parameters...
kprama
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kprama »

This is because of the EXECSH being returning the InputArg as one of the log messages. Easy work around would be to create a copy of the routine and remove the "InputArg" from the below lines of the routine.Leave the other lines of code as they are.

If SystemReturnCode = 0 Then
Message = DSRMessage("DSTAGE_TRX_I_0003", "Executed command: ", ""):InputArg:Message
Call DSLogInfo(Message, RoutineName)
End Else
Message = DSRMessage("DSTAGE_TRX_I_0004", "Error when executing command: ", ""):InputArg:Message
GoTo ErrorExit

Also doing so would not display the whole input arguments.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
IMHO, most script activities are do-able via DS basic code.
If this is also your case you can rewrite your script using a server job controll or in a DS routine with DS basic and you will not have this problem when running the job.

You can find examples on how to in the given routines supplied with the product and the Basic.pdf file in your client installation.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Roy is correct to change this into a routine activity would be easy.

Ans = @FALSE
Shell = Arg1
Cmd = 'SH "' : Shell : '"'
execute Cmd capturing OutPut returning RtnValue
Ans = RtnValue

You can add some LogInfo if you want but this is close.
Mamu Kim
IFMTCS
Participant

Post by IFMTCS »

Our DataStage version is 7.5.1.
So don't know whether there are still bugs related to encrypted parameters.
Since there is no option to suppress any particular type of message for Sequence from being displayed in the Director log, I exported the Sequence and I removed the lines containing functions 'DSMakeMsg' from the .dsx file to suppress the log entry of the execution status of the 'Execute command' activity
But when I imported the modified .dsx file back into the DataStage these lines are still coming in the Job Control(which is read-only) of the Sequence. So this time also if the Sequence is run the encrypted parameter value is still being displayed in the Director log, which I don't want.
And if I export the job again these lines which I removed from the .dsx file reappear in the exported .dsx file.
Is there any solution to get rid of this?

Amit Jasu
IFMTCS
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Because the moment you reimported your changed source and recompiled it, those pesky lines were added right back in. :wink:

You need to copy/paste the code into the Job Control page of a regular Server job - i.e. not use a Sequencer job type - and then you are free to hack away at it.

Of course, then the maintenance of that job is all in your hands... unless you keep the original Sequencer job around and up-to-date as an organ donor for future code transplants. :lol:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers