ExecSH File not found (not permissions)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Triton46
Charter Member
Charter Member

ExecSH File not found (not permissions)

Post by Triton46 »

Hi all. :D

We are migrating jobs over to a new 7.5 server. So far, everything works except our before and after scripts.

The only thing I notice that is different between our 5.2.2 server (where these worked) and this one is that you have to put ./ before you can run anything. So, to run this from the command line on the 5.2.2 server you type drop_indexes.txt and on 7.5 you have to type ./drop_indexes.txt.

Running from the command line works. I tried putting ./ in the Job Properties Input Value but it didn't work. I also set the drop_indexes.txt file to chmod 777. Help!
PROTDdwFactLoader..BeforeJob (ExecSH): Error when executing command: /datastage/Projects/DRDWSrProtDev/ds_scripts/drop_indexes.txt
*** Output from command was: ***
SH: /datastage/Projects/DRDWSrProtDev/ds_scripts/drop_indexes.txt: not found
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

To execute anything within your directory you need to make sure your PATH has "./" in it. Setup your user profile.

Make sure that the permissions to this script include read/execute access to your ds_scripts directory.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that the executing user has at least read and execute permission to every directory in the file's pathname.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.