Help needed to define transformer derivations

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

troywinston
Participant

Help needed to define transformer derivations

Post by troywinston »

hi ,
(Original topic = "re: urgent reply needed plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz")
column name --- data mapping

vLgl_Portfol_ALE_Sav_Rto - If MetricID=1325 then MetricValue else 0

Net_Promo- if MetricID in (1970,1971) then MetricValue else 0

xyz --- Convert the MetricDate (MM/DD/YYYY) into YYYYMM format

in the transformer stage how to write in the mapping

can anyone plzz explain me by step by step plz
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Let's see - you want urgent support late Friday night/early Saturday morning to solve a problem for which the answer is in the manuals and is taught in the entry-level class?

This is not the place to be.

This is an all-volunteer site, people post here as and when they can. They are not paid for doing so.

You have two choices.

You can sign up with your support provider for premium service. This will give you a good idea of the true cost of providing urgent support 24x7.

Or you can engage a qualified consultant to read the manual for you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

Listen Troy, I'm pretty new to this forum, so I'm not as tough on newbies as Ray. The problem is he's right (dammit).

Just to show how compassionate I am though, I'm going to give you the tools to find the answer:

The mapping is:

oconv(iconv(MetricDate, ":( "), ":cry:" )

To find out what :( is, preass HELP and type in iconv. To find out what :cry: is, press HELP and type in oconv.

If you get no satisfaction, poke around the SDK Date routines.
Ross Leishman
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Here is another tip. Do an "exact" search to find words like "iconv" and "oconv".
Mamu Kim
panic
Participant

Re: re: urgent reply needed plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post by panic »

troywinston wrote:hi ,

column name --- data mapping

vLgl_Portfol_ALE_Sav_Rto - If MetricID=1325 then MetricValue else 0

Net_Promo- if MetricID in (1970,1971) then MetricValue else 0

xyz --- Convert the MetricDate (MM/DD/YYYY) into YYYYMM format

in the transformer stage how to write in the mapping

can anyone plzz explain me by step by step plz

any one i want real help man not suggestions why you people dont understand i gone through the manual but when implementing its different . so pls help me
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Even easier is to treat the incoming date as a string. You can do this in server edition. Then another possible answer is

Code: Select all

Right(InLink.TheDate,4) : Left(InLink.TheDate,2)
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: re: urgent reply needed plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post by ray.wurlod »

panic wrote:any one i want real help man not suggestions why you people dont understand i gone through the manual but when implementing its different . so pls help me
You want "real" help. Then you go to your support provider and pay for it. Everyone here volunteers their time and their ideas. If you don't like their ideas, then take your business elsewhere.

For example there are several excellent self-employed consultants here who would be happy to address your problems, but would expect to be paid for doing so - this is how they make their income.

Yours is a very antagonistic post for a first-timer - or have you just changed your nick?

Incidentally, you will get an exact solution to the date conversion part of your question from on-line help for Oconv() and Iconv() functions, and definitely they are also in the DataStage BASIC manual. I took time to check. But I think the substring solution is easier. You might also find this article on date conversion edifying.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Ray Gave you the date solution.
your in(1970,1971) inside the if statement will have to be replaced with something like: (link.col=1970 Or link.col=1071)
and your first expression seems ok.

As you have noticed your best giving an informative subject to your post rather then pleeding for urgent reply (simply since no urgent reply is promised).

I think this site is being treated as a school lately a free one none the less.
I think management should take care of employee's training and if needs be acompnying mentoring to start things off or face the alternative slow progress of things.
This place is for helping resolve issues not teach the product from scratch.
No offence ment to the poster of this topic this is strictly an overall observation, which is entirely IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) and is not pointed to any specific member of this forum.

(Original topic was "re: urgent reply needed plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz")

IHTH,
Last edited by roy on Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
panic
Participant

Post by panic »

IAM EXTREMELY SORRY GUYS

ANY WAY THANKS FOR THE HELP.I THINK THAT WILL WORK OUT.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.