Stopping a Job Sequence (Sequencer and Internal Jobs)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asnagaraj
Participant

Stopping a Job Sequence (Sequencer and Internal Jobs)

Post by asnagaraj »

I want to know if there is a documented procedure to stop a sequence of jobs which are running and have gone to a hung state. Most of the time even after we initiate a stop request it never stops. Sometimes it shows accessed by other user when we try to edit it. We have a 2-3 level of sequenced jobs.

Thanks,
Naga.
logic
Participant

Post by logic »

Hi Naga,
One way to stop the sequnce would be from the director. You can stop the top level master sequence which in turn will stop the sequences within. After stopping the request would be sent to the server so will have a time lag before the sequnce stops.
You can stop the sequence by "kill" which i guess maybe or may not be an ideal way.....depending on the situation :roll:
Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Ash.
chinek
Participant

Post by chinek »

You could use the "uv" program to kill. Just note down the process id in your unix server.
Or to be more brutal you can use "kill" command in your Unix server.
After the brutal killing you have to clear the status files.

Nick
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could use the "uv" program to kill. Just note down the process id in your unix server.
That's interesting! Care to elaborate?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.