Error While using Fastload and Multiload

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iwin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error While using Fastload and Multiload

Post by iwin »

Hi,
I have to load data from table A to table B based on a condition in teradata. So i used fast export as source and multiload as target stages. But when i run the job i am getting error that either .logtable command is invaliedly used or int file is not found.
But i am sure i am doing right.
Can anyone advise me why i am getting that error.
Thanks
aartlett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by aartlett »

Iwin,

Don't forget that a fast export in Teradata locks tables the same way as a multiload does (and has the same locks) so if the same tables are involved teradata will be a tad upset. I know this isn't your problem, just thought I'd mention it as I've been bitten by this as well. The fast export didn't release it's lock until the job finished, and I was using it to create a lookup hash table.

For fast exports you need to specify in the stage where abouts the log file will be, and I think it may even need to exist. I'm going on 8 month old memory, sorry, but we did have that problem a lot.

Do you really need a fast export? we found normal extracts were more than fast enough, and we hated multiloads from inside datastage because of not being able to restart them properly. We dumped to a flat file and ran multiload from shell (or you could use an after-job routine).
Andrew

Think outside the Datastage you work in.

There is no True Way, but there are true ways.
iwin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iwin »

Hi,
I am using teradata api instead of fast export and it is working now.
Thanks.