Valid values of DSJ.STAGESTATUS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Titto
Participant

Valid values of DSJ.STAGESTATUS

Post by Titto »

Can anyone tell what are the valid DSJ.STAGESTATUS values from DSGetStageInfo routine.

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Same as DSJ.JOBSTATUS in DSGetJobInfo, some of which you will find in Help, the remainder in JOBCONTROL.H (in DSINCLUDE) or by searching this forum.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
katz
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by katz »

Hi All,

I am looking for the meaning of the Stage Status codes which can be returned from DSGetStageInfo.

My DSINCLUDE file does not have any DSJS equates for values on DSJ.STATUS between 4 and 10 (server version 7.5.1.2), yet I am capturing Stage Info status values for 5, 7 and 9.

Does anyone know the meaning of these stage status values?

Thanks,
katz
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You really shouldn't be worried about the internal numbers but using the equivalent whatever in the heck they are called - tags? For example, the help for that function shows:
Result may also return error conditions as follows:

DSJE.BADHANDLE JobHandle was invalid.

DSJE.BADTYPE InfoType was unrecognized.

DSJE.NOTINSTAGE StageName was DSJ.ME and the caller is not running within a stage.

DSJE.BADSTAGE StageName does not refer to a known stage in the job.
Check for those instead.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSJ.STATUS is JOB status, not stage status. Job status is returned by DSGetJobInfo; stage status is returned by DSGetStageInfo.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
katz
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by katz »

Hi,

It is the equivalent tags (meanings) for these stage status values that I desire to find out.

The Job Report (DSMakeJobReport) and DSGetStageInfo (DSGetStageInfo (jobHandle, stageName, DSJ.STAGESTATUS) ) are returning status values of 5, 7 and 9 for some stages. I am analyzing some job executions where these stage statuses occur and hence would like to know their meaning so that my analysis is complete.

Thanks,
katz
katz
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by katz »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply. I was just going by your earlier post to Titto (which I found on a search) when you said
Same as DSJ.JOBSTATUS in DSGetJobInfo
I must have misunderstood. Are you able to clarify?

Thanks again,
katz