XML file loading

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

erkatz
Participant

XML file loading

Post by erkatz »

I am trying to load XML file to Oracle. The job finishes without any errors but the file is not loading (it seems as there is no data at XML file - the file is empty). I know for sure that there is data at the file!
I am using the following stages:
Folder->XML Input->Transformer->Oracle OCI.
Will be glad to receive some advice :), thanks.
adarsh shrinagesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by adarsh shrinagesh »

Try writing to a Sequential file first and see if it works - whether ure getting data out.

Most probably you may not have defined the structure of the source XML File appropriately.
erkatz
Participant

Post by erkatz »

Thanks, I tried to load to seq file, it is empty also :(. Any other idea maybe?
adarsh shrinagesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by adarsh shrinagesh »

So U've got to correct ur definitions - have to tried importing the metadata definition in Manager and then importing that.

Check where you are using a correct repeating element...the problem is with the definition.
yannish
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by yannish »

Check that you are NLS-enabled and the folder stage is set to read UTF-8 if the xml file is defined to be utf-8 encoded.

Other way to do it is to set the FileName as input column for the xml stage (In folder stage remember to set the Fully qualified -property to Yes). Then in the xml stage set the input column to include the file path (Input/XML Source-page). This way xml stage does the parsing directly against the file not against the data from folder stage and encoding is handled by xml stage.

Good luck,

Janne
erkatz
Participant

Post by erkatz »

Thanks, yannish.

Tried your "other way", but received the fatal error "XML source column not found. Column Name = "/ds_source/DX0228b.xml"".