How to create our own stages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsx_venkat
Participant

How to create our own stages

Post by dsx_venkat »

Hi all,

Can any one tell me how to create our own stages(bulid/wrapped/custom), the information given in the .pdf is not that much sufficient for me.

thanks
venkat
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm not sure what you are expecting... someone to come along and tell you everything you'd need to know in one post? :?

There's alot of information buried in the forum, you just have to get creative sometimes in what you use for search keys. Here's one example that I found in a couple of seconds, I'm sure there are quite a number more out there.

You'll probably have better luck getting help if you give it your best shot and then come back here with specific questions. And if you post in the appropriate forum. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Start by designing exactly what it is you want to do; what the requirements are for input, precisely the algorithm(s) to be applied, the metadata design for the output(s).

Then research the very rich set of stage types in the product, to be certain that you can't do it with some combination of those. Chances are that you can.

Beyond that, the three types of custom stage are quite different in their application. As Craig notes, it would consume too much of our unpaid time to turn this forum into a free training class, so we don't do that. Try on your own, let us know how you went, and ask specific questions.

(We will probably need to see your design and, if relevant, your code.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.