Error creating named pipe : (231) All pipe instances are bus

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saadmirza
Participant

Error creating named pipe : (231) All pipe instances are bus

Post by saadmirza »

Hi All,
I have a strange issue coming up while running my jobs with BW system as the target using BW load pack....Sometime it runs smoothly but sometime it gives me the following error.

"Error creating named pipe : (231) All pipe instances are busy."

This error comes after 2 or 3 times the load gets hanged. and i try to reset and start again..

Can anyone suggest how to overcome this...

Thanks
SM
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try to do fewer loads simultaneously. Make sure that pipe files are cleaned up when finished.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saadmirza
Participant

Post by saadmirza »

Hi Ray,
How do i ensure that pipe files are cleaned up after the laod is completed..? Why this error occurs only when loading into BW system using Load pack?

Thanks,
Sm
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to establish where (in which folder) the named pipes used to communicate with SAP are created, so that you can check that they are removed once the job completes. Use an Explorer search, perhaps for files modified in the past 24 hours.

Why only for SAP BW load? Because nothing else you're doing involves the use of named pipes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.