Delay Link Execution

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pnchowdary
Participant

Delay Link Execution

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Guys,

I have two links in my datastage jobs, I want the link1 to start execution after link2 has finished completely.

Code: Select all

L1 ---> TR1 ---> L4 ---> Tr2 ---> L7
             |
             v
             L2
             |
             v
             TR3
             |
             v
             L3 
The branch L2,L3 should be finished before the branch L4,L7 starts executing. I dont want to again split it into two jobs. Is there any way that I can achieve this?

I have implemented the above logic using a routine which contains the sleep statement and calling it the branch which I want to be delayed. Please let me know if there is any other efficient way of doing it

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Naveen
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think I would make link 2 write to a sequential file, and then continue from the sequential file to the rest of the processing. The rest won't continue until all the data has been processed and the data source exhausted.

Doubles your I/O but solves your issue (although I am curious as to why you are doing this)
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Or simply put them in separate jobs to complicate it further and add them using sequencer.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Thanks for all of your suggestions. The reason I am trying to implement the above logic is as follows. In Branch 2 there is some processing logic, at the end of which I am storing some values in a file. In Branch 1, there is some processing logic, which requires the routine to read those values stored by the previous Branch 2.
Thanks,
Naveen