Project Parameter file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rasi
Participant

Project Parameter file

Post by rasi »

Hi

When I am trying to logon using Datastage Administrator with dsadm account. I get the following error "Cannot open file UFD_". After hitting ok button it goes in and inside that it says "DSR.ADMIN Failed to open Project parameter file". Any help on this is much appreciated. Also this project was protected before.

Regards
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The project parameters file is called DSParams and DSParams.keep and it can be found in the project home directory. You need to check the read permissions on the project directory and on these two files for the login you are using. I only ever log into the Administrator tool as dsadm.
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Thanks for your reply. I am using the dsadm user for Administration purpose. And found that DSParams has read access and I can't see DSParams.keep file in the project folder.
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
s_r_chandru
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Project Parameter file

Post by s_r_chandru »

Hi,

Try to Log into UV shell Instead of Datastage Administrator.

$ cd `cat /.dshome`
$ pwd
/opt/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine
$ . ./dsenv
$ bin/uvsh
Once Logged in:
>LOGTO <yourprojectname>

you can Issue the Admin Commands in UV shell.

Hope this Helps.

-Chandru
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It could be a bug, but I suspect you've lost a VOC entry that needs to be there.

What it's trying to do is to open a file unit on a file called "&UFD&", which is a pointer to "the current directory". Check that this item - and possibly one called "UFD_" - exists in the VOC file of the project.

If it can't open "&UFD&" then it can't read DSParams in the (DataStage BASIC) helper subroutine DSR.ADMIN.

DSParams.keep only exists if a change has been made to DSParams, for example by changing the log auto-purge settings from the Administrator client. DSParams should be writable by the dsadm user unless you have made root the only DataStage administrator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.