Taking long time to Update table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Titto
Participant

Taking long time to Update table

Post by Titto »

I have a simple job where is read the Hash fine and update the AS400 table thru a transformer stage using Key values. But the job is taking very long time to process 10000 records(Avg 17 min). Arry size is set to 50 and Transaction size to 100. Is there any way to reduce the run time. Please guide me to look for statistics.

Thanks
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
You might want to test alternative solutions and use the one giving best performance.
here is one from the top of my mind:
Bild the rows a new and perform a delete of the old rows and load the newly geberatred ones instead.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
Titto
Participant

Post by Titto »

thanks roy,
I can do that but if some other application is accessing while i deleted the entire table they will get SQLCODE 100, i don't want to to that. And I am using some filter conditions joining other DB2 table prior to the updating target table, so by the time the update process i will be having only some hundreds of rows to be updated compare to total count of target table.

But i tred using Link Partitioner and Link collector with Round-Robin method then Update the table directly from Link collector stage, all the process went fine with in 5 sec but non of the records got updated.

Is it possible (or best practice) to link directly from Link Collector stage to DB2 Stage to update the records?

Any help - appreciated!
~t