Copying Project folders

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

subramanya
Participant

Copying Project folders

Post by subramanya »

Hi,

The server in which the project was residing has crashed. So I created a project with the same name on a different machine and copied the prevoius project folder to the current installation project folder. Now if I try to login into DS Manager, the following error message is coming "DSR.ADMIN: Cannot open file UV_USERS STATUS()= -2" and "ACCESS DENIED..Internal SQL Error. Failed to register this user for SQL".
What is the procedure to copy project folders..? or any other folders to copy..

regds
Subramanya
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The SQL issue has been covered in this forum; in addition it is very important for you to do a DS.TOOLS and reindex; the secondary indices are linked to by absolute pathnames, so doing an OS level move of the files and indices will cause corruption that requires index rebuild.
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

It sounds like the DataStage HOME path is different than on the first server.

If this is the case, I can think of two work arounds.

1) Back up any other projects on the second server, then reinstall DataStage using the same dshome path as the first server, then restore your projects.

2) THIS IS DANGEROUS! Edit any file paths in the VOC file that may point to the old dshome changing them to point to the new dshome. There could still be other issues.

Good luck.
subramanya
Participant

Post by subramanya »

ArndW wrote:The SQL issue has been covered in this forum; in addition it is very important for you to do a DS.TOOLS and reindex; the secondary indices are linked to by absolute pathnames, so doing an OS level move of the files and indices will cause corruption that requires index rebuild.
If I use DS.TOOLS or DS.REINDEX ALL commands, the following error message is displayed "Unable to open Sys.Message File"

Subramanya
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I only have one word - reinstall

sorry...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Copying folders won't help.

You might try logging in to the server as a user with DBA privilege and granting CONNECT privilege to the user in question, doing manually what DataStage seems unable to have done.

Ultimately, however, you need to have the integrity of your Engine and SQL Catalog databases checked.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.