BW Load Pack - Push option with Process chain

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saadmirza
Participant

BW Load Pack - Push option with Process chain

Post by saadmirza »

Hi All,
I have a confusion...Now in DS 7.5 we have Process Chain option with Push method as well which was not available in prior versions...
I would like to know what exactly and in which scenario should I use PUSH and Process Chains together...
I can understand of using PULL and Process Chain bcos DS Job would be triggered from BW and hence PULL mechanism would make sense...but not still clear how to use PUSH and Process chain together...
Kidly explain me about any such experiences anyone has encountered..

Regards,
SM
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't have this, so can't answer. What does the manual or on-line help tell you? Please post here so we can all know.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saadmirza
Participant

Post by saadmirza »

hi Ray,
As usual the Manual dont specify the scenarios in which the option could be utilised unless someone really feels the need for it....with PULL option the Process chain tab would make sense because then the BW can invoke the DS job ...but if I use PUSH method the DS job would load the data in the BW transaction infoprovider but then for what purpose i should use process chain is a question...I am working some things out ...I will post the findings on the forum..

Regards,
SM