C Stage PlugIn function "Get" required

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jetlim
Participant

C Stage PlugIn function "Get" required

Post by jetlim »

I am getting this error when running a job extracting data from SAP into hashfiles. Stage for SAP R/3 is used to connect to SAP.

Any idea what is lacking in my system? Where can I get the plug-in?

Thanks,
Jet
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

The SAP pack is a paid expansion.
Did your organization buy it?
if not your vendor is the one you need to cocntact.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
jetlim
Participant

Post by jetlim »

Do you mean this error appear because the SAP pack used is not paid ?

If it is bought and still get this error, what is the cause and how to overcome?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

jetlim wrote:Do you mean this error appear because the SAP pack used is not paid ?
No... Roy is just trying to find out who might best be able to help you.

Those kind of errors usually mean the stage hasn't been configured correctly. Can't help specifically on SAP as I haven't used it, but I've seen it before using the OCI stages. Check the configuration guide for the stage and triple-check that whatever it requires for proper operation has been setup/edited/installed/done.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi jetlim,

You need "ABAP Extract Pack for SAP R/3" plugin, if you want to extract data from SAP R/3. This plugin is a part of the SAP R/3 Pack sold seperately by Ascential.
Thanks,
Naveen
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Get" is the generic name of the method exposed by the passive stage and invoked by the active stage to retrieve the next row.
That it's "required" suggests that the plug-in has not properly registered its "Get" function.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: C Stage PlugIn function "Get" required

Post by PhilHibbs »

jetlim wrote:I am getting this error when running a job extracting data from SAP into hashfiles.
Ooh, that brings back painful memories. Something to do with r3conn.so and librfccm.o I think.

Do a 'strings librfccm.o|grep Id' and look for //bas/46D/src in the paths, this should be the correct version for SAP PACK 5.0.1, the version that SAP supplied contained //bas/640_REL/src and this caused problems similar to the one you describe when used with the 5.1 SAP PACK.

If you are using 5.1 SAP PACK, you need to get a version of librfccm.o that has //bas/620/src in the strings output, good luck. SAP just send you the latest version, and Ascential aren't allowed to redistribute the only version that seems to work with the 5.1 SAP PACK. We have the correct version here, but I couldn't possibly comment on how we got it :twisted:

Oh, and if you are doing IDoc loads with the 5.1 SAP PACK, there is a memory leak that the engineers have developed a fix for. You may be able to request this from Ascential.

As Sainath.Srinivasan says below, librfccm.o should be in the `cat /.dshome`/lib directory.

Another thought: how was the SAP PACK installed on your system? There is an install.sh script on the CD, you have to run that on your system. You can't just use the dspackinst package installer to install the SAP PACK. Once the PACK has been installed using the install script, then additional projects can have the stages added using dspackinst.
Last edited by PhilHibbs on Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

This is because the library file librfccm.o is not in the datastage lib dir.