Return Charachter and Line feed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

koojo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return Charachter and Line feed

Post by koojo »

I have multiple instance of /r /n in one field passing through the process explained bellow.

The process flow is as follows.

SAP INPUT ---------> HashFile-------->Flatfile--------->Target
(Extract)(Remove dups) (Error???)

Field with the bad data flows in from the SAP INPUT stage into a hash file to the flat file stage. Looks like the hash file accepts the /r/n without any problem/error.

Error occurs in the following job
I am trying to do read a flatfile transform it and write it to a flat file/oracle database. The error is because of multiple /r/n. The comma delimited file looks something like
("****", "****/r/n******/r/n******/r/n****","*******")

I used the following command in the transformer found in this fourm to filter the bad data and I still get the error. I used this command in all stages of the process explaine above i.e wherever u find the (--------->). It's still giving me a tough time. :( . The error returned is nls_read_delimited() - invalid quotes, row 3 column ....

Convert(CHAR(10):CHAR(13), "",InputLink.fieldbaddata)

Has anyone come across this problem?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For a Server job, you should be able to open up the Sequential File stage and switch to the Columns tab. Slide it over to the right and you'll find one called 'Contains terminators'. Set it to yes on the appropriate fields and you should be ok.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers