Problems with SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO in DB2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ogmios
Participant

Problems with SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO in DB2

Post by ogmios »

I've got the following situation:
One of my jobs contains a very complex SQL statement running against DB2 v8.2 in an ODBC stage. When the job executed in DataStage version 6 I would get a warning about "statement too complex" from DB2, but the job would execute properly for the rest.
In DataStage v7 I get also the same warning but now this causes DataStage to abort the job apparently.

I did some further checking and DB2 returns SQL_SUCCES_WITH_INFO when a cursor on a complex statement is opened, but this is only a warning... the rest would function normally. If I run e.g. the same query via a DB2 command shell I get all of the data I want.

Does anyone know a way around it?

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I vaguely recall that there's an option in the ODBC driver configuration that allows SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO messages to be suppressed.
Try searching on the forum or ADN, can't recall whether this has been posted before.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

No luck yet... there are gremlins on ADN. Whenever I search for ODBC it bombs out with a PHP error :cry:

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Are you using the supplied Data Direct's odbc drivers?
If so, Have you searched in the branded_odbc directory?
(it usualy holds all kind of work arounds for stuff like this using their drivers)

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org