Interesting E-mail notification problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Interesting E-mail notification problem

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi All,

I have created two jobs. I created a job sequence to sequence these two jobs. I run this job sequence through a DOS batch file and capture the exit (Status) code to a text file. Now, I want send e-mail notification of the job sequence, may be a %fullreport%.

For doing this, I tried using the 'Notification Activity' stage. The 'Notification Activity' stage asks for SMTP Server. But we are not using SMTP. We are using INET protocol. Can I still use this stage? If not, do I have any other options to send e-mail notification of the job report?

Is DSSendMail function of any use for my case? Also, can I use DSSendMail function in a batch file? Any tiny weeny help in this direction would be of great magnitude.

Thanks a lot,
Naveen.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi All,

Any help on this??? :cry:

Naveen.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi NaveenD,

Try giving the IP address of your mail server in the SMTP field.
Thanks,
Naveen
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Naveen,

the mail call is just an interlude to the command line "mail" on unix. If your mail system uses the same command line syntax then the protocol actually used to encode/decode and transmit the mails is not important. If you have a different command then you will need to "fake" this call by creating your own mail.sh program that get the parameter values from DataStage and passes them on in the correct format to your mailer.