Step to split the data in to multiple file for a target load

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavithra_12
Participant

Step to split the data in to multiple file for a target load

Post by pavithra_12 »

Hi,

I have an requirement to calculate a measure column based on another measure column residing in the same table.

A lookup file has to be created so as to carry out the caluculation for the measure that has to be updated in the target table.

As the Volume of data is about 30 million, Please let me know how to create a server Job that can split these data in to smaller units and how to join these to the lookups in order to update the target table.

Regards
Pavithra
ranga1970
Participant

Post by ranga1970 »

Pavitra, R u putting this question because you have some DS issue or who do not have Design documents and not aware what kind of logic to be implemented? I am bit confused with your question could you be little more specif to give you a business logic, if its datastage issue thats different?

thanks
RRCHINTALA
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Few examples of each possible scenario may lead you to better answers.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

It seems your source system is in mainframe (assuming from your volume of data), if so why u need to split the file. why cant u look up as it is?
If u need to split, you can use the INROWNUM function or "Abort After Rows" option in transfromer. so that u can calculate and cut the output files based on the complexity.