Problem with CLeaning up Resources

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vgaindhar
Participant

Problem with CLeaning up Resources

Post by vgaindhar »

Our DataStage server was shutdown while my job was open in Designer.

Now when I open the job in Designer, it comes up with error -

"Job Jxxxxxx is being accessed by another user."

I go into Director and try to CLeanup Resources but cannot see my job. How do I access my job again in Designer. I cannot see any corresponding job running in UNIX as well.

I am told there is a direct command in DS Manager to clear the job if we cannot do so in Director.

Any help is appreciated.

Vipin
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Was it a case of not seeing any jobs or just not the job you were interested in? Make sure you select the "Show All" radio button for Processes. This is one that throws me ocassionally!

Check out Director Guide->Job Administration->Cleaning Up Job Resources for the process to follow (up to clear status file).

Good luck!
vgaindhar
Participant

DataStage Director not Releasing Locks

Post by vgaindhar »

I cannot see my jobname in Processes. But I can identify my process by looking at all Locks, then selecting the Process FOLLOWED BY lOCKS(SHOW By Process). This shows me 3 Locks related to the process identified (The Description of this process says 'Unavailable') . I click on 'Release All' . But the jobs are still there on refresh. Is this an access issue with my userId. (I am able to click on 'Release All' button). I would think I should be able to release locks on my own jobs.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Kryt0n wrote:Was it a case of not seeing any jobs or just not the job you were interested in? Make sure you select the "Show All" radio button for Processes. This is one that throws me ocassionally!

Check out Director Guide->Job Administration->Cleaning Up Job Resources for the process to follow (up to clear status file).

Good luck!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The lock is held by a defunct process, which is why you're not seeing it in Cleanup Resources.

You will need to login on the server, use list_readu (from UNIX) or LIST.READU (from dssh) to find out who's got the lock, and unlock that particular lock using the administrator-only command UNLOCK from the UV account.

I prefer the UNIX list_readu because I can pipe its output through grep, for example

Code: Select all

$DSHOME/bin/list_readu | grep jobname
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kerensho
Participant

Post by kerensho »

Hello vgaindhar,

In the Administrator there is a definition if you can "admin from director" - which means you will be able to see the jobs in "cleanup resource".
Still, if you do not have the permissions to do so, you can press this button a million times and it won't do a thing.
The face that you can physically press it is not important...

Keren
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

If nothing works, bounce DS server.