Can't open project on a server.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

killbill1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Can't open project on a server.

Post by killbill1 »

We have several projects and all of the sudden we can't log into one of the projects. Everytime you try logging in it just hangs on us. Can't log in thru designer, director, manager nor administrator.
I tried running the jobs for this project from command line and its the same problem, it just hangs without any error message.

Can anyone suggest what might have gone wrong.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Possibly internal corruption in the Repository database or associated files.

Take a backup of the project if you don't already have one.

On the server machine, attach to the project directory then execute the following commands.

Code: Select all

. $DSHOME/dsenv
$DSHOME/bin/dssh
This should get you to the TCL prompt (>) where you can enter some more commands.

Code: Select all

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM DS_JOBS;
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS;
DS.REINDEX ALL
QUIT
(The last of these exits from dssh environment.) Let us know what happened (any error messages). If there was none, can you now connect using clients?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Considering the co-incidence between me reading the pdfs and this topic I will post a reply on the off chance it may be what you have done...

Apparently if you install a trial ODBC driver, DataStage will hang (because it can't handle the evaluation status screens).

Maybe you haven't installed a trial ODBC driver but something similar?
killbill1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by killbill1 »

Rebouncing the Ascential engine did the trick....trying to figure out what was the problem...