transformer-2 set of records in o/p link for one i/p record

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Roshni
Participant

transformer-2 set of records in o/p link for one i/p record

Post by Roshni »

hi,
i am looking for a solution to pass two set of output records in the transformer to a sequential file for a single incoming record under certain conditions.
i have customerno, accountno and a key coming from the input link. if the key is same for two customerno, i have to log an error which contains the columns: customerno, accountno and key. so, whenever a duplicate record is located using stage variables, i want to write the old customerno and the new customerno with the same key as separate records to the error file along with their curresponding accountno and key.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably easiest is to write to two separate sequential files, and cat them together afterwards.

You can also construct a line containing record1 : LF : record2 and write that to a single sequential file for which you have defined just one VarChar column.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Or write into a single hash file or read from it or use link collector........

In short you have variety of solutions.