XML Output Stage Warning Message.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

userds
Participant

XML Output Stage Warning Message.

Post by userds »

Hi,

I am getting the following warning message when the execution of job completes.

Program "JOB.432385634.DT.1369540148.TRANS1": Line 514, Attempted READ of record ID larger than file/table maximum
record ID size of 768 characters.

The job is creating a xml file using XML Output Stage. Job is running fine but i cannot decipher anything from the above warning message.

It will be helpful if anybody help me to figure it out about this warning message.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're doing a lookup against a hashed file and the total number of bytes in all the key columns, as generated in the Transformer stage reference key expression(s), is more than 768 - which is the maximum permitted by the MAXKEYSIZE configuration parameter in your uvconfig file.

I suspect - since this is a horrendously large key! - that you investigate these expressions to verify that they're correctly generating the expected values.

Note that the error is not from the XML Output Stage - it's from the Transformer stage. Read (post if you like) the entire error message.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.