Phantom 20630

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Titto
Participant

Phantom 20630

Post by Titto »

Hi,

I am getting following Phantom error
how to look at line # 220 and from where

DataStage Job 330 Phantom 20630
Program "JOB.403394601.DT.1369463998.TRANS2": Line 220, Improper data type.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage JobNameABC..Transformer_32
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3

Any help!!!

Thanks
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You may be assigning char value to a numeric variable.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Although it is possible to track down the approximate source line where this is occuring, it is usually much faster to look at your job, and in every transform look at the columns where you perform data manipulation, especially mathematical operations. As Sainath stated, most likely you are performing a mathematical operation on a variable or column that contains string data that cannot be converted.

Even though a column in Server might be declared as "Integer", if the values from from a non-typed source (like a text file) chances are that it can contain text somewhere, this is a frequent case of a job suddenly giving an error of the type you are seeing.
Titto
Participant

Post by Titto »

I guess i am moving Char value to Numeric value.
But how do we look the Line number it mention in the abort message..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your job number is 330 (from the error message).

In the project directory on the server is a subdirectory called RT_BP330 which contains the code generated by compiling Transformer stages and job control routine for this job.

Within that directory is a file called JOB.403394601.DT.1369463998.TRANS2 which is the source code referred to in the error message.

You can view this with any text viewer. One that can add line numbers is to be preferred (for obvious reasons).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.