FTP a string only when Update is Successful!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Terala
Premium Member
Premium Member

FTP a string only when Update is Successful!!

Post by Terala »

I have a job where using transformer update a table and after the update need to send a notification to other server using FTP with a table name. This FTP should go when ever the update is successful on Table. How do we achieve this, i tried using Link Output variable validating Update Link SQLSTATE = 0 , it didn't work. If i don't provide any constraints FTP process is working with the number of records which got updated in Table, but my requirement is just sent one row with Table name.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Consider setting up the FTP as a shell script invoked from an after-stage or after-job subroutine. Within that routine you can make your success tests to decide whether to invoke the script. The table name can be supplied (possibly as a job parameter) through the Input Value field when invoking the subroutine, and as a command line argument ($1) to the shell script.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I would echo the string to a file ahead of time and then ftp it if succesful.
Mamu Kim
Titto
Participant

Post by Titto »

Create another job only for FTP and in the sequence trigger it when ever previous job successful.