output to excel sheet

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Perwezakh
Premium Member
Premium Member

output to excel sheet

Post by Perwezakh »

Hi Everyone,
I have to develope a job. The function of this DataStage job will be to get input data from a Oracle database and without any changes (No work in tx) I have to write in a traget file which will be EXCEL SHEET.
I know I can write in CSV file and can open in Excel. I need help of you guys to find out, Is there is any way we can write output data directly to a Excel sheet or not. If yes or no then what will be the process to follow.
Thank you dears
Perwez
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

I vaguely remember an Excel ODBC in Unix OS. Search this forum and other search website for this info.
Perwezakh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Perwezakh »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:I vaguely remember an Excel ODBC in Unix OS. Search this forum and other search website for this info.
Dear Sri, I am not talking about Excel ODBC in Unix (I also never heard of this), I was talking about Microsoft Excel. A very simple DataStage job which get the data from an Oracle source and dump into MS Excel sheet (Target).
Thanks for replying
Perwez
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ODBC or OLEDB is the most effective way to work with Excel. No-one seems to have implemented OLEDB on UNIX, so you're stuck with ODBC.

The ODBC driver for Excel presents a worksheet as a system table.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dslearner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dslearner »

Yes,you can do it. but you need odbc driver for excel,I got this on windows.
create dsn for excel there you have to specify the target path of the excel sheet

Dslearner