creating a new project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Suparv
Participant

creating a new project

Post by Suparv »

Hi

We have a AIX 5.3 box on which we installed DSX 7.5.We are building a datawarehouse on the same box.What are the things i shud do for creating a new project, the project would have both server and parallel jobs.I know how to create a new project from the DS administrator, apart from that what are the things i should do on the server side,like do i need to assign some space for the project , if yes what wud be the appoximate space allocation for a 50 GB datawarehouse( this is just to start with, we wud be bumping it upto 1.5 terabytes later).I would greatly appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You may have to install plugins which are not supplied by default in the server configuration.
Suparv
Participant

Post by Suparv »

Thanks for your reply, but we have a PX installed, i believe it comes with the plug-ins, pls correct me if iam wrong.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Some plugins are bought and installed separately ... such as for SAP.
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

You need to set your environment variables that are specific to the project and create your configuration file etc.

Regards
Saravanan
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

If you use ODBC, you need to copy/configure a uvodbc.config file in the project directory.