The job is hanging??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsdev750
Charter Member
Charter Member

The job is hanging??

Post by dsdev750 »

I have a job which is extracting data using OCI9 stage. After a few lookups [ Hash AND OCI ], the data is written to a Seq file.

For the last few days, the job seems to hang after processing a number of rows [ this number is not fixed].
Today, the job has been runnning for a while but the last line in the Seq. file is incomplete. The job is still running.

How is this explained? How can I resolve the issue?

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Have you checked to see if the UNIX process(es) behind the jobs are still running? If you execute a stop command to the job does it stop (after a couple of minutes)? Do the log files after a stop and after a reset show any additional information? How large is the output file (2Gb?)
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

I had a similar problem on release 7.1. I don't know if it's the same problem or not. Here's my work around. Open Job Properties and see if Row Buffering is enabled. If it is and Interprocess is enabled you have to click on In Process, then click on the RowBuffering check box to turn it off. Apparently, there's another bug in disabling row buffering, that if you just uncheck the RowBuffering check box without clicking In Process first, it won't disable RowBuffering completely and the problem still appears.

Good Luck,
Tony
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Check for the file size (>= 2Gb).

Also check whether you have any stages / process following the one writing to a sequential file.

What happens when it hangs? Does the row count increase at a slow rate or does it completly stall?

Did you check the seq file in these cases?