Driver for creating DSN for Universe & Unidata

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

talk2shaanc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Driver for creating DSN for Universe & Unidata

Post by talk2shaanc »

Hi guys,

I would like to know, which "driver" should i select/use for creating System DSN for a Universe & Unidata Stage.
Shantanu Choudhary
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You do not need one for Universe. Use a UV stage. The DSN is localuv for hash files. I do not know about UniData. Maybe Dr. Ray does.
Mamu Kim
talk2shaanc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by talk2shaanc »

I can give localuv, if my hash file lies on my local server. But what if it lies on some other server.
Shantanu Choudhary
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You still don't need a driver. You need to specify the hostname (and maybe some additional information) in uvodbc.config where you define the UniVerse data source.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
talk2shaanc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by talk2shaanc »

ray.wurlod wrote:You still don't need a driver. You need to specify the hostname (and maybe some additional information) in uvodbc.config where you define the UniVerse data source.

I have already tried that.
In the uvodbc.config file I have added.

Code: Select all

<TESTUV>
DBMSTYPE = UNIVERSE
network = TCP/IP
service = uvserver
host = 172.17.60.250
It gives me an error:

Code: Select all

Milind3..UniVerse_11: DSD.BCIConnect connecting to TESTUV, call to SQLConnect failed.
SQLSTATE=IM002, DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Shantanu Choudhary
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK, install the UniVerse ODBC driver (it's on the UniVerse clients CD), configure it, and away you go.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.