Stored Procedure in ODBC Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VasanthRM
Participant

Stored Procedure in ODBC Stage

Post by VasanthRM »

hi
i am just a beginner with Data stage. I have problem when i use stored procedure option in ODBC Stage.

How to create a stored procedure in an ODBC Stage?
I am able to execute the procedure through the ODBC Stage but job aborts.
What does the column tab in the Stored Procedure meant for?
How to populate the columns for the stored procedure

When I try importing a stored procedure the parameters of the procedure are copied to the parameters tab. but what populates the column tab.
Without specifying values to column.... job aborts.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can not create a Stored Procedure in an ODBC stage.

The ODBC stage can use an existing Stored Procedure to perform its activity, but that Stored Procedure must already exist in the database, must operate on a record set, and must have been imported into the DataStage Repository (so that the number and data types of its arguments can be verified).

The columns tab can be populated by clicking the Load button, and choose the Stored Procedure in question from the Repository. Each "column" corresponds with one argument of the Stored Procedure, and is one column in the record set that the Stored Procedure processes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.