ds_ipcgetnext - timeout waiting for mutex

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Luk
Participant

ds_ipcgetnext - timeout waiting for mutex

Post by Luk »

Hi,

I have got following error:

Code: Select all

Transformer_2.DSLink3: ds_ipcgetnext - timeout waiting for mutex
It is connected with KeyMgtGetNextValue and it came suddenly(earlier in my job everything works fine!!

What does it mean??What can I do to solve it??

Regards
LUK
Luk
Participant

Post by Luk »

:) I solve it- I use KEyMgtGetNextValueConcurrent! but I am wondering why everything was all wright and suddenly my job stop working??
LUK
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hard to say - what other kinds of things is your job doing? What other stages are in it? Do you have some form of Buffering enabled?

For all we know it may just stop working again. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Luk
Participant

Post by Luk »

no, buffering is disabled! I'm sure that problem is caused by KEyMgtGetNextValue routine!! but why it worked fine and now it stop working?? I have no idea!
LUK
amsh76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by amsh76 »

I had this problem arise in my job, due to Inter process or row buffering on...you might want to check there. Increase the timeout period for Interprocess (if you have that enabled)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The ds_ipcgetnext() function is part of row buffering. Therefore, whether by default or explicitly in your job, you have row buffering enabled.

The error message has nothing whatsoever to do with the key management functions, which uses persistent external storage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Luk
Participant

Post by Luk »

The error message has nothing whatsoever to do with the key management functions, which uses persistent external storage.
So why my job starts working fine when I've changed function KeyMgtGetNextValue() to KeyMgtGetNextValueConcurrent() ????

In my job I have not InterProcesses and I have not row buffering enabled!
LUK