question about qualitystage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MukundShastri
Premium Member
Premium Member

question about qualitystage

Post by MukundShastri »

Hi,

We have not used quality stage . Hence following basic question about the same.
We want to use do data cleansing using difference business rules of around 460 sequential files. For each file in input we should have one file in output after cleasing.
Does qualitystage has the template job facility which is available in enterprise edition parallel jobs. All the files have same metadata. Can one template job of Quality stage handle different input files and different cleaning rules dynamically.

How difficult it will be to create such jobs. How much efforts do you estimate to do that roughly?

Thanks
Mukund
ram1899
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: question about qualitystage

Post by ram1899 »

Mukund;

Quality stage is whole diffrent from Enterprise Edition and Job you need to develope in in Quality stage Env

In Quality Stage you have four steps to do
Investigate
Standardize
Match
Survive

If you are saying biffrent business rule for diffrent seq file than I think you need diffrent Jobs form them

You can create Standardize , Match and Survive Jobs for one Seq file If you could attain the correct output as per your Requirment

All you need to do is copy same Job for Diffrent Seq file Change Input file Name and Intermediate files you are creating and Output file names

And you need to apply diffrent Business rules for each Seq file

The first set of Jobs will act a Job Templets for you

Im' still bit busy I give this solution in hurry and please try to understand it

If I can get back to it I will tell you more in Detail

Thank oyu

MukundShastri wrote:Hi,

We have not used quality stage . Hence following basic question about the same.
We want to use do data cleansing using difference business rules of around 460 sequential files. For each file in input we should have one file in output after cleasing.
Does qualitystage has the template job facility which is available in enterprise edition parallel jobs. All the files have same metadata. Can one template job of Quality stage handle different input files and different cleaning rules dynamically.

How difficult it will be to create such jobs. How much efforts do you estimate to do that roughly?

Thanks
Mukund
ram1899
MukundShastri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MukundShastri »

Thanks for the Reply.

Can we integrate QualityStage with Enterprise edition ?

If I want to create input file -->cleansing rule ---> output file kind of job, how much time it should take. In datastage such job should take max half day with testing.

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mukund
ranga1970
Participant

Post by ranga1970 »

when so comfortable with DS why do want to use QS, as ram said its whole different env and it whilly depends on you skills about the time frame, and this post should have been in whole different forum......
RRCHINTALA
ram1899
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ram1899 »

Fine do it in DataStage ( Save some money for your client ) if DS is going to Do what you want then take out QS don't bring it in and there is will be other headaches as you need to Calll this QS Jobs ( QS Scripts from in DS Sequncer so the it runs before running the your DS Job)

Mukund if you can do it DS in half Day don't think of using QS

Thank you

MukundShastri wrote:Thanks for the Reply.

Can we integrate QualityStage with Enterprise edition ?

If I want to create input file -->cleansing rule ---> output file kind of job, how much time it should take. In datastage such job should take max half day with testing.

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mukund
ram1899
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

QualityStage is the right tool for the job that it does; standardizing and cleaning data.
It can be called from DataStage jobs using the QualityStage plug-in stage; however, the QualityStage jobs must have been designed and tested first.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ram1899
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ram1899 »

Ray

Youy are correct it is very good tool when we need to standardizing and cleaning the data
Mukund was telling that he can do the same in 1/2 day ( If you have Good Knowledge of QS you can do the Same in 1/2 day ) As his file are having same Meta Data if he developes the QS jobs for one file it will be cake walk for him to do the 400+

Mukund try to USE QS you will love it

Thank you
Ram-

ray.wurlod wrote:QualityStage is the right tool for the job that it does; standardizing and cleaning data.
It can be called from DataStage jobs using the QualityStage plug-in stage; however, the QualityStage jobs must have been designed and tested first.
ram1899