connection was refused

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsquestion
Participant

connection was refused

Post by dsquestion »

Hi all ,
When I tried to connect datastage I am getting the below error.My pwd and username is correct.

Failed to connect to host: 199.28.108.78, project: EDEN
(The connection was refused or the RPC daemon is not running (81016))

Any solutions appereciated.Thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

dsquestion,

the most common and likely cause for this problem is that your datastage engine is not running. If you telnet to your server and do a "ps -ef | grep ds" you should see a couple of processes such as "dsapi_slave", and a root process onto ...dsrpcd
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You will have dsapi_slave only when the DS Client is connected to server. Hence you may not be able to locate it in your instance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, the most common and likely cause I've seen is the DSEngine is running along just fine but the 'connection deamon' dsrpcd is not. :wink:

As noted, grep for the process on your DataStage server. If it's not there, search the forum for messages with dsrpcd or uvrpcd (the old name but the advice still applies) and debug in them. It will give you a way to try to restart the process and - if there is a reason why it won't start - to get it to actually tell you what that reason is. :shock:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers