Version Control set up

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Version Control set up

Post by reddy »

Hello Sirs,

Currently my Client having 7 projects For each mart they created one project even for Misc also...........Now they want me to do Version control
for all these projects.What i observed is they don't have dev/test environment for each project.

Can you guys give me ideas how to set up version control for these
projects...

What i am thinking is taking out all these projects just keep 2 one is for
dev another for prod.

Before deleting projects i have to export all components from all 7 projects in to dev project and follow version control procedure.

Please advice me.

Thanks for help.

Narasa
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
this is not a trivial thing to answer since only you have all the vriables :roll:

Befor you think of consolidating projects you must verify no objects are identical by name, If they are and perform different functionality you'll need changes made.

If you ment dev+prod project foreach 7 projects you might want to add a version controll project making that a 21 projects total (I always prefer the test project as well for testing).

regarding dropping projects I recommend you do it 1 project at a time and only after verifying 100% that the new project is working fine.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org