Couldn't get I/O for the connection to: localhost.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

palmeal
Participant

Couldn't get I/O for the connection to: localhost.

Post by palmeal »

I am getting a warning when I run my Job Sequence or the underlying Server Job that I was not getting before. My code hasn't changed but my Job Sequence process is now failing due to this unexpected warning.

If I run my underlying Server Job - Sybase_OC --> Sequential File then all of the rows that I expect to be found are written and the arrow is changed to green .

If I check in my Director Log then the following warning is returned

DSD_SendEvent.B:Error Starting run
Cmd = SH -c'ActivityCmd START -file MSEVENTS/20050520085304000'
Output = ERROR: Couldn't get I/O for the connection to: localhost.
ReturnCode = 1

This looks like some sort of environment issue to me but wonder if anyone has come across this recently - I did a search on this forum for
Couldn't get I/O for the connection to: localhost
and found a few threads but no fix.
bryan
Participant

Post by bryan »

You get this warning when you have checkmarked
"capture operational metadata" in the administrator properties of your project but your process metabroker is not up and running.

Do a search on your unix server for "processmb". Thats the service name for process metabroker.

There is a processmb script in processmb directory that you need to run to start the processmetabroker service.
palmeal
Participant

Post by palmeal »

Sorry for not replying to this as I was out of the office Mon/Tues. This worked a treat and has saved me a lot of time.

cheers