WARNING

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harithay
Participant

WARNING

Post by harithay »

hi all;

this is my run time error

Ldnavtable..Transformer_1.DSLink5: DSD.BCIPut call to SQLExecute failed.
SQL statement:INSERT INTO uci.dbo.nav(account_id, eff_start_dt, nav, eff_end_dt, created_dtm, created_by, last_upd_dtm, last_upd_by) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
SQLSTATE=S1000, DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Unicode conversion failed

account_id = 1
eff_start_dt = "2005-03-31 00:00:00.000"
nav = 217436673.74
eff_end_dt = " "
created_dtm = "2005-05-18 14:31:28.000"
created_by = "dbo"
last_upd_dtm = "2005-05-18 14:31:28.000"
last_upd_by = "dbo"

thanks
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Post by MaheshKumar Sugunaraj »

Hi.

Coul you check the time stamp data which your tring enter, Is it in the following format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS or do you have microseconds attached to the same, I mean concatenated to the same. Please check teh database and what ckind of Timestamp is allowed for better handleing.

Hope this helps.

Regards
SMK
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

harithay,

what value do you have in the column eff_end_dt? Do you have NLS enabled? If yes, I think you have an unmappable value in that column in that row.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Surely you can't send a space character (" ") to a date column in any case? :?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

At the time of data loading , change the data type of all date column as Varchar2(38) , Oracle automaticaly load as time stamp .
Arun Verma
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ray.wurlod wrote:Surely you can't send a space character (" ") to a date column in any case? :?
No, you can't. At least not in Oracle, can't imagine that's true in any database.
arunverma wrote:At the time of data loading , change the data type of all date column as Varchar2[38], Oracle automaticaly load as time stamp .
Better to specifically use the TO_DATE or TO_TIMESTAMP functions in the SQL. In any case, you won't be able to load time values with microseconds into an Oracle DATE field. And that would only be applicable if the OP was actually loading into an Oracle database. Looks more like SQL Server to me. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers