Monitoring the job from unix

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ranga1970
Participant

Monitoring the job from unix

Post by ranga1970 »

Folks;
On my production box, I have just previlages at unix level to log files direcory and scripts file directory, I do not have access to Designer or Dictor to check the periodical speed at which my data is being loaded,
is there any way Could I check from unix level

thanks
RRCHINTALA
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What do you mean by "log files directory"? If this is the DataStage logs, they are tables and they are in the DataStage project directory. If you have permission here then, theoretically, you could monitor your jobs.

However, this would require knowledge of the internal workings of how DataStage records row counts and other periodic process information (such as status of jobs and active stages). Such knowledge is neither published nor in the public domain. So I expect the honest answer for you is NO.

If your database loader allows you to monitor loads, then perhaps you can use this. For example, if you force the loader to report every N rows, then you could watch it's log file using tail -f (which keeps the file open). If it's Red Brick, the same "keep open" technique can be used with the rblogview command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cnguyen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cnguyen »

alternatively you can use the dsjob command from Unix with the -linkinfo option to view progress of the specific link. However, you will have to supply the link name.