Datastage upgrade

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bdixon
Participant

Datastage upgrade

Post by bdixon »

Hi All,

I have just upgraded from Datastage 5.2 to 7.5 and I am having problems with connecting to unidata.
I have created a fairly simple program that connects to unidata 5.2 selecting all values in a file however i keep on getting the same error:

Unable to Compile and Catalog DSHELPER subroutine - Untitled1..UniData_5.DSLink2
Untitled1..UniData_5.DSLink2: ds_udtopen() Unable to execute file SELECT - UniData Server Untitled1.UniData_5.tst2: call to UniRunRpc returned 10 - Failed
Untitled1..UniData_5.DSLink2: DSD.UDTOpen GCI $DS.UDTOpen error 24.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Regards
Brad
bdixon
Participant

Post by bdixon »

Also I am running Unidata 5.2 on unix and datastage 7.5 on windows
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

I would investigate the communication port numbers. I suspect that DS is communicating on a specific port and UniData is listening on another. I had to make these types of changes when connecting to a Universe database. The change involved adding the port number to the uvodbc.config file for the database I was connecting to. Sorry I don't have an example to show you (that was at a previous employer). Look at the installation notes and techbull.pdf.
Hope this helps,
John
bdixon
Participant

Post by bdixon »

thanks for the reply but that does not seem to help. It looks like datastage can connect to the unidata server and database but fails on the retrieval... any other ideas?

Does anyone know what the dshelper subroutine is? has it been upgraded in version 7.5?