Unable to run job in DataStage Director (Urgent)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venugopal81
Participant

Unable to run job in DataStage Director (Urgent)

Post by venugopal81 »

Hi All,

I am unable to run the job in Datastage Director.

Problem: May be

Compilation and Debugging is successful in Desiner. After that I am trying to connect Datastage Director through Datastage Designer. I can't able to connect DataStage Director directly it shows Authentication Screen. After connecting manualy to director i can't able to run the job. I think this may be the problem for running the job.

please give me how should i run my job in this case.

thanks & regards
venu
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Venu,

let us approach this step-by-step. If you enter the DIRector directly and try to run the job what happens? What is the exact error message?

Also, is this a new problem that didn't exist before, and if it is then think of what might have changed in your Windows Server and/or client or perhaps network.
hexa
Participant

Restart(Close u r section) DataStage

Post by hexa »

May be restart(close) u r datastage and try.
:wink:
venugopal81
Participant

New installation

Post by venugopal81 »

Hi ArndW,

This problem occurs in DataStage6.0 new installation in my PC. I created first job after instalation. After compiling job. I want try to run the job from director. From Director there is no response. Before that I installed two times datastage in my PC. That time i don't have any problem.

I found i can't run datastage director from designer.

Please give me what happend in this case. Is it PC /Installation problem?

Thank you
venu
venugopal81
Participant

Re: Restart(Close u r section) DataStage

Post by venugopal81 »

Hi Hexa,

I restarted and tried many times. I done reinstallation also. But i can't.
hexa wrote:May be restart(close) u r datastage and try.
:wink:
thanks & regards
venu
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Venu,

yes, you have an installation problem. I don't know what it is, but all the symptoms are there. Are your Server and Client machine the same one (it sounds like they are)?

If I understand you correctly, if you compile & run a job from the designer everything is working fine; but if you run a job from the Director it never gets started, the status remains "compiled" and the log file is empty.

If you try to get to the director from the designer directly through the menu you do not get an error but you get the DS login screen, right?

If you TELNET to your DS server machine can you enter your userid & password and "UV" as account? (you enter "QUIT" to get out of the command line interface)?
venugopal81
Participant

What you said is correct

Post by venugopal81 »

ArndW,

Exactly what you said happend when i am working with datastage.
What is the solution for that (i reinstalled) . Is it OS problem?
Any suggestions.

thanks
venu
ArndW wrote:Venu,

yes, you have an installation problem. I don't know what it is, but all the symptoms are there. Are your Server and Client machine the same one (it sounds like they are)?

If I understand you correctly, if you compile & run a job from the designer everything is working fine; but if you run a job from the Director it never gets started, the status remains "compiled" and the log file is empty.

If you try to get to the director from the designer directly through the menu you do not get an error but you get the DS login screen, right?

If you TELNET to your DS server machine can you enter your userid & password and "UV" as account? (you enter "QUIT" to get out of the command line interface)?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Venu,

if it worked before and now does not ... re-install.

De-install and make sure your registry is cleaned up of extraneous Ascential entries.
venugopal81
Participant

Now successfuly running

Post by venugopal81 »

ArndW,

I cleaned registry and installed again. Now it successfuly running.

thanks ArndW

thanks & regards
venu
ArndW wrote:Venu,

if it worked before and now does not ... re-install.

De-install and make sure your registry is cleaned up of extraneous Ascential entries.