TCP ports used by DataStage?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

OverLord
Participant

TCP ports used by DataStage?

Post by OverLord »

Due to our strict network security, I need to know what are the TCP ports used by DataStage. Someone told me port 31538 was used by RPC (client listener) and also the long list of ports used by DataStage SAP extract pack, that is ports 3200 to 3299, and ports 3300 to 3399. Are there any other ports?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Could be. For example are you using QualityStage, Real Time Integration and so on?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
OverLord
Participant

Post by OverLord »

Sorry, I was not aware of the forum concept (and I am not fluent in the English language either). Since this topic has not been moved by the moderator to the server forum yet, I will reply here.

First I want to thank you for answering my distress call... From your answer, I understand that if I only have DataStage and SAP extract pack installed, no other ports than the ones I listed are used (by default).

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You are correct. Note, also, that the ranges of ports reserved for communication with SAP may not all be in use, though it is not possible to predict which ones will be.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.