SAP R3 Problems

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

koojo
Premium Member
Premium Member

SAP R3 Problems

Post by koojo »

cant seem to put a post on this site cant seem to find the link to it.

I have problems with using the SAP R3 stage.

I AM USING BUILD SQL TO GENERATE THE ABAP

When I click on generate ABAP no ABAP code is generated. The second time I click on this it closes my datastage designer client.

For tables without the inner join the ABAP code is generated. Most of the time when the ABAP is generated from a another machine ( That is from the scratch using Build query option) it works fine at times. In general 90% of the time no code is generated. The second time I click on generate programme datstage client is closed automatically.

I am able to get into the BUILD SQL option and build the SQL every time.

Can the error be because my inner joins have an error in them...(But i think it is highly unlikely)...? If i have an error there at least there should be some error returned.? The SQL I generate is after using the search table option. I have not used user defined SQL...THE SQL used is generated by datastage and all the key fields used for the inner joins are in the select criteria. Is it required to have all the keys used in the join in the select criteria...?

I had problems earlier with windows XP - service pack 2 and had to get a patch from ascential. If I open up the design I have done from my client machine on another client machine and try to generate the APAB the error still persists.

The problem is the tool does not return any error and also does not generate the ABAP code.

This is the first time I am working with SAP.
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Hi,

I've seen this problem, never in the SAP stages, but in other ones.
It is can be either windows error (this can be resolved by service pack or reinstall the client) or datastage does not know howto deal with the code.
Either one, you should connect Ascential support.
Start from select of a single column and progress gradually.

Not much but HTH,
Amos
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

This this known and happens when DataStage cannot generate the code for any reasons in SAP.
koojo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by koojo »

I have raised the issue with asential... But this error is quiet persistant when I work with It. I do have the windows XP service pack2 --- and had the patch installed for it. That also does not help in any way.

I did try going step by step and it still gives me problems.

It is impossible for me to develop a complex innner join with this error. The error is persistant and occurs at a rate of > 70% for some reson I dont know. Have any of u worked with any complex inner joins with the SAP R/3 plug in...and come across this problem...? if it is windows XP that causes the problem...I would like to try the same from another Client... any sugessions?

Guess ascential will have to give me a solution .

Thanks guys.