Getting OLE error while designing Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sasidhar_kari
Premium Member
Premium Member

Getting OLE error while designing Jobs

Post by sasidhar_kari »

Hi All

My soruce and target are Flat files. While i m desinging jobs suddenly i m getting one message(Error) 'A call to an OLE server has failed or a runtine error occured within the OLE server itself'. If i get this error i have to close the datastage and i need to relogin again. Some times some coding is missing in the job.

Can any one help me why i m getting this error. Wht precautions i need to take to avoid this.

Thanks in Advance

Sasi
nchincholikar
Participant

Re: Getting OLE error while designing Jobs

Post by nchincholikar »

Hi Sasi,

I'm also facing same problem i.e.(40503)-A call to an OLE server failed.
I think this is due to lots of processes running on your pc and Datastage wont find free space.
Another reason could be netwrok connectivity.

Sasi if you find the exact solution for the same plese let me know.

Regards,
Narendra
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you the only one in yuour group having this issue? Sometimes something like that can be platform specific, so it might help to know what you are running the client software on. It could also mean that some of the dependant components have been stomped on by other software, so the first thing I'd try is a reinstallation of the client and see if that sorts things out.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
anupam
Participant

Post by anupam »

Reinstallation will most probably resolve the OLE errors. These errors are related with Client component and due to Windows Env.
----------------
Rgds,
Anupam
----------------
The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.