Parameters not being passed into the job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arun_im4u
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parameters not being passed into the job

Post by arun_im4u »

Hi,

I have a sequence which has triggers many jobs and sequence within it. The user name, password and system are all hard-coded for the jobs. During run time if i run the sequence by giving a different system name, the first sequence job fails, because it is not taking the new system name i gave but took the one which is hard-coded. But the rest of the jobs in the sequence run properly with the system name which i specified during run-time.

This problem occurs only when i run in testing environment. When i export and run the job in development it runs fine with the overriden system name.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Arun.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Check whether the parameters are passed correctly and whether they are spelt correctly. Also check whether the parameter is hard-coded within the stage.
arun_im4u
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by arun_im4u »

Hi sainath,
The parameters are hard-coded correctly. This problem occurs only when i export the job to the testing environment. It runs fine in development.

thanks,
arun.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Exactly. That may be because some parameters are hard-coded to represent value unique only to the dvlp env. So you may need to change them when you migrate to prod. Alternatively, use job param.

Can you verify the jobs that have this problem and provide the error message you receive.